Does your lawn look thin and unhealthy year round? The problem may be compacted soil and excessive thatch choking out nutrients from your grass. Lawn Aeration is the secret weapon against soil compaction and thatch. It helps you achieve long term health and quality in your lawn.
Soil compaction makes it difficult for grass to root and it disturbs natural rainwater irrigation. Thatch is a dense layer of dead organic matter that deprives lawns of oxygen. The result is poor top growth and lawn deterioration.
Core aeration is the best way to aerate a lawn. Plugs of soil are extracted from the soil allowing your lawn to breathe, eat and the roots to expand. The holes stay open a long time and air, fertilizer and water will now be able to reach the roots. The soil core is left on the turf, helping break down thatches.
Your lawn will reap many benefits through Core Aeration.
- Oxygen gets to the roots and the soil allowing it to breathe.
- Organic fertilizers and nutrients get access to the root system.
- Water is able to better soak the soil and reach the root system
- Tight, compacted soil is loosened up allowing the root system to grow.
- Reduced water runoff and puddling.
- Stronger turfgrass roots.
- Enhanced heat and drought stress tolerance.
- Improved resiliency and cushioning.
- Enhanced thatch breakdown.
- Enhancing infiltration of rainfall or irrigation.
- Helping prevent fertilizer and pesticide run-off from overly compacted areas.
Core Aeration can help make your lawn healthier and reduce maintenance requirements. Let R & D Lawn Care evaluate your lawn to see if it would benefit from aeration. Call us today with any questions or to schedule a Core Aeration. 417-438-6590