Mowing is one of most important lawn care practices. Knowing when to mow and how often can greatly impact the health and appearance of your lawn. Your grass will grow at different rates during different times of the year, depending on climate, weather, and type of grass. This causes the frequency of mowing to fluctuate. It may not be best for your lawn to mow every Saturday morning simply because that is when it fits into your schedule. Here are tips on discovering the best time to mow your lawn.
- Allow your grass to grow to a length that when you mow it only trims 1/3 off of the blades.
- Most grasses should be maintained at a height of about 2 inches during the spring and fall and at 2½ -3 ½ inches during the hot summer months.
- Be careful to not cut your grass too frequently.
- Don’t allow your grass to grow too long.
- Make sure your lawn is not damp or wet when you are about to mow.
- Late afternoon and evening is the best time of day to mow your lawn.
If you cringe at the thought of possibly having to mow every 3-4 days during the summer, let R&D handle it for you. We will determine at what length is best for your lawn and maintain that for you. You will be blown away at how these small adjustments can change the appearance of your lawn. Call us at 417-438-6590 for more information.
Follow Us on Twitter...
R & D Lawn Care and Landscaping was started with a passion to provide a service we felt we could great at, and... fb.me/1euhfeUYh
We hope everyone had a great weekend! Give us a call for all of your landscaping/yard/commercial... fb.me/34udEdQGt
This weather is awesome for august!! We are booking our outdoor kitchens and patios Wouldn't it be nice to enjoy... fb.me/2vvT1OpOO